Select a lung type below. Drag the lungs to rotate
- Healthy lung of non-smoker
- Non-smokers live 10 years longer than smokers
- Non-smokers have 4x lower risk of heart disease than smokers
- A healthy lung will appear pink and sponge-like
- Diseased lung of smoker
- Lung cancer is the #1 cancer killer for Americans
- 9 out of 10 lung cancers are caused by smoking
- Tobacco use is the leading preventable cause of death in the U.S.
- Black discoloration occurs as cells become engulfed by particles with impurities and debris.
- Smoke damages cells found within the airway
- Potential lung cancer is pictured in the damaged area