Enrolled in Medicaid and ready to quit smoking with ND Quits?
Here’s the step-by-step process.
- Call NDQuits (1.800.QUIT.NOW) to enroll in free, personalized telephone coaching.
- Once enrolled, you will receive an enrollment letter and a Prior Authorization Form in the mail.
- Contact your doctor to evaluate the possibility of a prescription for medication to help with quitting.
- Have your physician or pharmacy fill out the Prior Authorization Form and fax the form, along with your enrollment letter, to 866.254.0761.
- Be sure to include the quit date under Part IV of your Prior Authorization Form.
- Medicaid has partnered with NDQuits and now offers increased benefits to help you quit tobacco!
What medications are covered?
- Nicotine patch (7mg, 14mg, 21mg)
- Nicotine gum (2mg and 4mg)
- Nicotine lozenge (2mg and 4mg)
- Nicotine inhaler
- Nicotine nasal spray
To be covered by Medicaid, over-the-counter medications, require a prescription, PLUS an approved prior authorization. Coverage is limited to one course of therapy every two years for each medication.